The first post....

In 1996, a very long time back now, I moved from the Netherlands to the USA. First, for one year at the Indiana University, in Bloomington, Indiana. After that, in California to work for Intel in Santa Clara, where I researched Java JIT compilation and later became the compiler architect for vectorization in the Intel C++/Fortran compilers. A lot has happened since then. I got married to Renu, we bought a house together, and we got a beautiful daughter Karina, who is now four years old. A little more than a year back, I decided to take on new challenges and moved to Google in Mountain View, which is really an amazing place to work. Obviously, working for a web company, I should supplement my static web pages with a little more dynamic content, so I decided to take on blogging. I will probably write about various topics, such as living in the USA, interesting cultural differences, progress on my chess engine, Lego Mindstorms NXT, and what not. Please come again if these topics seem interesting.

Comments

Elies Bik said…
Hey Aart,

Welcome to the blogosphere! Hope to hear much from you and to learn about your viewpoints on life in the US and computer science!

Elies
Hei hei!

Fantastisk god blog Aart! En fin oppfølger til Vektorisering Håndboken...

:-)

Looking forward to see some of your deepest thoughts on high quality SW engineering here! "I praksis er det ingenting som er så nyttig som en god teori".

:-)

Lars Petter (Oslo, Norway).

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting Chess for Android to a Remote Server

Checkers Move Generation

Connecting with the DGT Board