Multiple Screen Sizes

Up to now, my Android applications assume a fixed screen size (HVGA 320x480) and, although portrait and landscape views are supported, the code that implements board layout is not general enough to deal with all sorts of screen sizes.

Android is designed to run on a variety of devices with different screen sizes and resolutions, however, and starting with version 1.6, multiple screen sizes should be handled.

Just for fun, I tested how my applications would run on various screen sizes. The screen shot for reversi is shown below. As expected, I have some work to do to make my applications more compliant with the latest extensions. This also may give me an excuse to implement some of the other requested features (such as rotating the board when playing black in chess).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting Chess for Android to a Remote Server

Checkers Move Generation

Connecting with the DGT Board